1 eggplant, 2 tbsp water
2 tsp tomato sauce, 2 tsp sugar, some white vinegar, corn flour solution
1. Choose straight eggplant and cut into 10cm blocks. Slice it from top to end vertically and horizontally, make sure do not break the bottom. (pic 1)
2. Marinate eggplant with some salt to sweat out its moisture; by soften it this way will help us to shape it as we like. (pic 2)
3. Once obtain the flowery shape, sprinkle corn flour over the eggplant.
4. Heat oil in wok, put in eggplant with flower shape facing up to deep fly, use ladle to pour hot oil over the top to rapid up frying time, dish out and arrange on plate. (pic 3)
5. Keep 1 tbsp oil in wok, add tomato sauce and sugar, cook until bubbly; pour in water and vinegar, thicken with corn starch and pour sauce over eggplant to serve. (pic 4)