170g butter (direct from fridge), 455g self-raising flour, 2 tsp baking powder, 2 tsp castor sugar, 2 eggs, 60ml fresh milk (direct from fridge),20ml rose syrups, 3 tbsp rose petals, some fresh milk for grazing
1. Place butter, flour, baking powder and sugar in mixing bowl.
2. Split butter with thumb and index finger; and then knead all ingredients into crumble form. (pic 1)
3. Make a well in the center, put in egg, milk and rose syrup, stir well.(pic 2)
4. Add rose petals in mid-way, may add extra milk if too dried. (Do not over kneads the dough but it has not to be looks smooth). (pic 3-4)
5. Sprinkle some flour over the dough, cover with cling and keep in fridge for 15 minutes.(pic 5)
6. Remove dough from fridge, place on non-stick baking mat, pin roll to 1 inch thick. (pic 6)
7. Use 2 inches round cutter to cut the pastry and arrange on lined baking tray. (pic 7-8)
8. Brush the surface of dough with milk twice, and then bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.
9. Remove scones from oven and let cool down completely.Serve with whipped cream and fruit jam.