450g yam (peeled), 250g roasted meat, 20g ginger slices, 1 tbsp chopped garlic, 30g dried shrimp, 1 stalk spring onion (cut sections), dash of 5 spices powder and pepper to marinate meat
2 tbsp soy sauce, ½ tsp sugar, dash of pepper, 1 tsp chicken powder, 1 tsp sesame oil, drops of dark soy sauce
1. Wash dried shrimp, drain and then sauté in hot oil with garlic until fragrant, dish out.
2. Cut yam into wedges and deep fry in hot oil until cooked, drain. (pic 1)
3. Keep 2 tbsp oil in wok, sauté ginger and white part of spring onion until fragrant; toss in roasted meat and seasoning, stir-fry.
4. Add in fired yam, pour in water to cover half of the ingredients, simmer with medium heat till yam soft. (pic 2-3)
5. Sprinkle dried shrimp, garlic crisp and spring onion over before dishing out. (pic 4)