150g Chek Hup Brown Sugar, 50ml water
A: 4 eggs,½ tsp vanilla essence,½ tsp salt
B: 100g plain flour, 70g high protein flour, 1 tbsp custard powder, 1 tbsp double-action baking powder, ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda (combined)
C: 110g melted butter
1. Put Chek Hup Brown Sugar and water into a nonstick sauce pan. Bring to a low boil until sugar has dissolved and mixture is syrupy. Leave to cool.
2. Whisk eggs, essence and salt till light and fluffy.
3. Add syrup mixture. Next, gradually mix in combined ingredients B. Stir until it is free of lumps.
4. Add melted butter and stir to mix well.
5. Spoon batter into small cups. Sprinkle some melon seeds over as topping.
6. Steam over high heat for 12-15 minutes or until puffed up.