2 debone chicken whole legs, 2 sheet aluminum foil, 2 sheet cling film
2 cao guo, 5 pcs star anise, 2 sticks cinnamon, 6pc cloves, 50g rock sugar, 1 liter water
5 tbsp soy sauce, ½ tbsp dark soy sauce
1. Pre-cook stew ingredients for 1 hour to obtain flavor.
2. Flatten the chicken whole leg, cut loose its muscles to prevent they retract during cooking; and then marinate with some salt for 20 minutes. (pic 1)
3. Roll up the chicken whole leg and tighten with cling; and then roll up with aluminum foil, secure both ends; and then steam for 20 minutes. (pic 2-5)
4. Let chicken roll completely cool down before removing cling and aluminum foil; put into condiments sauce and keep in fridge to stay overnight. (pic 6)
5. Once infused the flavor, slice to serve.