1 free range chicken (about 1.3 kg), 2 stalks spring onion, 5 slices ginger, 2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp ginger, 1 tbsp Chinese cooking wine, 2 stalk spring onion (white part only and pounded)
1. Rub chicken inside out with salt evenly, set overnight. (pic 1)
2. Remove chicken from fridge, rub with marinades and set aside for another ½ hour.
3. Use a stainless steel pot or black ceramic pot, place 2 stalks spring onion and ginger in the bottom; top with chicken and cover the lid. (pic 2-4)
4. Simmer in low heat for 20 minutes; off heat and do not open the lid and continue simmer for 25-30 minutes. (pic 5)
5. Remove chicken from pot and cut into pieces to serve.